Romans 8:31 NIV
To reach your God-ordained destiny you must do these seven things:
(1) Refuse to give in to wrong thoughts. Guard your mind. Make it a walled city that refuses to allow negative thoughts and harmful influences to penetrate.
(2) Resist any temptation toward introspection. Only the Holy Spirit has the right to search the hearts and minds of men. When the Lord is ready to reveal an area of your life that needs correction, He will.
(3) Fight, using God’s Word. Let the Rhema Word, the God-breathed Word found in Scripture, be your strength in times of difficulty and testing. In the wilderness temptation, Jesus used Scripture to put Satan to flight. And the weapon of God’s Word still works today.
(4) Listen to the still small voice of God within. God doesn’t play hide-and-seek with His will. Discipline yourself to spend unhurried time with Him and you’ll thrive.
(5) Shift to a higher level of faith. Before killing Goliath, David had to kill a lion and a bear. Today we are contending with issues that require us to move to a new level of faith.
(6) Get into proper alignment. God’s aligning His people – putting together those who’ll stand as one in the day of battle. It’s imperative to know who you can go to war with. You only discover such people in times of testing. Treasure them – they’re ‘covenant relationships’.
(7) Ask God to give you understanding about the place you are in. Knowing you are in preparation for your destiny will keep you from pulling back, wavering or throwing in the sponge.
Daily Bible Reading:
Hebrews 5-8, Mark 13:12-23, Psalm 97, Proverbs 11:12-14